Friday, June 29, 2012

Say Cheese!

Can it already be the end of June?  It must be because the Texas summer is here in full force which means it's hot, hot, hot!.  So, of course like a lunatic I have been spending way too much time outside in the heat taking pictures. Crazy, right?

The reason I've been outside taking pictures is because last month for my anniversary Bart bought me a DSLR camera.  He knows how much I enjoy taking pictures of nature and wildlife and suggested I sign up for a photography class.

My class has been an adventure in learning.  There is more to picture taking than just pointing and shooting.  My camera's potential is only limited by my knowledge.  So, needless to say, I have already signed up for the next class and look foward to learning more.  Did I mention I was a nerd?

Below is a sampling of pictures I took as part of my final assignment.  The pictures were taken at a nearby arboretum.




These pretty blossoms were hanging down from a pergola.



This flower is a Summer Snowflake.



Don't you just want to follow the path to find out where it leads?



I laid down in the middle of a bamboo grove and pointed my camera to the sky.



The squirrel was quite friendly and happily posed for a picture.



I had a difficult time getting the mallard's picture.  He kept walking around "talking" to me. 



His girlfriend was much easier to photograph,,,,she stopped and kindly struck a pose.



As a fan of Ansel Adams I am drawn to the play between light and dark.



I would love to have this stone pagoda in my backyard.




And what photo gallery is complete without a pile of rocks?






3 comments:

  1. Yayayayay for wandering about taking photos - it's one of my favorite things to do! Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and I will have to wonder around together sometime......after the heat is gone of course!!

      Delete
  2. Hello Lori

    Please could you email me your email address at nicola.parkman@gmail.com so I can sign you up for the challenge. You are showing as a no reply blogger. I am looking forward to hearing from you.

    Nicola x

    ReplyDelete